Top Tips for Finding a New Job in 2022
New Year, New Career
January marks the start of new year’s resolutions and making changes in our lives.
One of the most common new year’s resolutions is finding a new job, one you love!
What better time of the year to find a new job and start off your career afresh!
Here are some top tips to get you started:
- Update your CV and make sure you proof read it.
- Add a summary profile to make it stand out – check out my blog on writing a summary profile. Would you hire you?
- Make sure to add additional information and make your CV interesting.
- Check online job boards and see if any jobs appeal to you.
- Review the job description and any available information you have on the position and company. Are you mirroring the words and phrases in the job description? Are you showcasing your strengths in the areas that seem to be of paramount importance to this role?
- Adapt your CV and covering letter to the job. Make sure you are not using the same CV and covering letter for different roles. Take time on this!
- If you have a LinkedIn profile, update it with a professional picture and refresh your information – you can use it to network.
- Make sure you add a covering letter with a summary of your skills and experience relevant to the job and explain why you are currently looking for new opportunities.
- Ask for referrals from business contacts and friends.
- Set up google alerts for jobs with your job title and category.
- Prepare for interviews by doing research on the company.
- Check out what type of interview style will be involved. Will it be straightforward open-ended questions e.g., ‘Tell me about yourself’, or competency-based questions?
- If it is competency-based interview, be prepared and research the SMART technique.
- Finally check out how your social media pages look to potential employers – they will check it out!
If you need help or advice to land that perfect job, get in touch or check out our latest jobs.