Accounts Assistant /Accounts Administrator c23K – 24k based in Derry/Londonderry
This busy accounts and finance department require an experienced Accounts Administrator with experience in Purchase Ledger.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone to join a very fast-paced growing business that is currently on a huge growth trajectory
This will suit someone who thrives in a varied position that requires the ability to multi -task providing exposure into a busy accounting function, working at a fast pace.
You will report to the Finance Manager and assist the finance teams
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to construction suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more construction materials when necessary.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications.
- Compare suppliers’ bills with bids and purchase orders in order to verify accuracy.
- Approve bills for payment.
- Locate suppliers, using sources such as catalogues and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered.
Experience and Qualifications
- Comfortable working independently and within a fast-paced environment
- Experience within a transactional finance position such as accounts payable, or purchase ledger is highly desirable
- Hands-on experience with accounting software e.g., SAGE
- A personable individual with excellent communication skills and a great attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Self-motivated and focused
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience working in a Construction/Property company desirable