- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to construction suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more construction materials when necessary.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications.
- Compare suppliers’ bills with bids and purchase orders in order to verify accuracy.
- Approve bills for payment.
- Locate suppliers, using sources such as catalogues and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered.
- Comfortable working independently and within a fast-paced environment
- Experience within a transactional finance position such as accounts payable, or purchase ledger is highly desirable
- Hands-on experience with accounting software e.g., SAGE
- A personable individual with excellent communication skills and a great attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Self-motivated and focused
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience working in a Construction/Property company desirable
- Sales invoicing & Credit Control establishing and maintaining good customer relationships
- Telesales orders
- Provide support to sales team
- Accounts Payable –processing supplier invoices & payments
- Reconciling customer and supplier accounts
- Stock Control/Purchase Orders
- Daily bank lodgements & cash management
- Bank reconciliations
- VAT & Intrastat returns
- Assisting with month end reporting
- Assisting with day-to-day finance activities and general ad hoc duties as they arise
- Well organised, self-motivated person with the ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail and ability to cope with fast paced working environment
- Flexible and willing to work to meet deadlines
- Good team player with excellent communication skills
- 3 + years’ relevant experience in a similar role
- Accounting Technician qualification desirable
- Strong IT skills including experience with Sage Accounts 50, Microsoft Excel & other relevant office software applications
Architectural Technicians 35k + based in Derry/Londonderry OR BelfastThey currently require 2 based in Derry/Londonderry and 2 based in Belfast My client has secured a number of commercial and residential commissions and are recruiting for experienced Architectural Technicians, to be based either in their Derry/Londonderry or Belfast offices. Architectural Technician’s play a vital role within this large reputable property and construction company. They work closely with the Design and Technical team, taking a site form from conception to conclusion. You will have the pleasure of seeing developments come to life and will support you with training and development . There will be opportunity for you to develop within a fully collaborative, enthusiastic team offering a competitive salary commensurate with skill level and experience. The Role
- You will have the confidence, ability and communication skills to work in conjunction with the architectural team to develop projects from concept design, through the RIBA / RIAI work stages to completion on site.
- In the delivery of projects, you will assist in the preparation of design work, production information including working drawings and specifications.
- A good understanding of building construction and detailing including current NI, ROI and English Building Regulations,
- Experience in compiling and submitting Planning and Building Regulation applications,
- Experience in compiling working drawings, liaising with contractors and preparing construction information packages,
- Experience in dealing with construction consultants,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Excellent presentation skills with a sharp eye for detail,
- Ability to take on responsibility, meet project deadlines and work collaboratively to meet company targets.