Accounting and Finance Manager c28.5k – Derry/Londonderry
A new role has been created for this community organisation based in Derry.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Accounting and Finance Manager that is self-motivated with good organisational skills and experience in finance, budgets and funding.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role managing budgets with a finance department either in a community organisation or finance and accounting department within a company. Understanding of funding sources and financial reporting to funding bodies advantageous.
You will be responsible for the everyday financial and administrative function of the organisation including financial management and report to Project Director.
- To deputise for the Project Manager on key aspects of funding, financial, administrative and other matters as directed by the Project Manager including overseeing all financial management .
- Ensure all statutory compliances are met including but not exclusive to company legislation.
- To process all documentation pertaining to incoming and outgoing and revenue funding related to the organisation. i.e., banking arrangements, funder’s requirements and maintenance of accounts records.
- To maintain all day-to-day financial records relating to the organisation and to its projects as required.
- To ensure that all financial and other returns are submitted to relevant funders as required.
- To prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial/budgetary control reports including Revenue and expenditure, Cash and funds flow and forecasting,
- To provide oversight of the financial management of all BST Projects.
- To prepare and monitor financial budgets, as directed by Project Manager/s and advise on expenditure of programmes and services.
- Provide a range of HR duties including managing attendances, absences and recruitment ensuring compliance.
- To maintain all day-to-day financial records
- To process all documentation relating to payroll/wages and process direct payment of wages and salaries.
- To process all documentation relating to invoices and statements, expenses and orders placed.
- To process, on a required basis, all Inland Revenue & Pension returns and correspond with them accordingly.
- To be responsible for petty cash controls.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to identify existing need and gaps in funding, while undertaking regular research using a variety of methods to identify potential funding streams and priorities opportunities based around organisational need and funding criteria/deadlines.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to prepare and write funding applications.
- Maintain and manage effective electronic and paper-based records and filing systems in support of all funds and manage the post-decision administration process for all funding applications.
- Take responsibility for drafting financial reports for all major grants, working closely with the Project Manager to ensure that these are produced in a timely manner and to a high standard.
Education & Qualifications
- The ideal candidates will have been educated to degree level OR hold NVQ Level 5 in business management/administration, human resource management, accountancy or community development
- 2 years’ experience of office administration that includes financial recording and reporting and experience of community-based projects preferred.
- Consideration will also be given to candidates with 3 years’ experience of office administration that included financial recording and reporting and experience of community-based projects if not degree qualified.
- Knowledge of internal and external reporting on Project Progress
- Experience of financial monitoring and reporting on funding applications
- Experience of working with statutory and/or voluntary sector agencies to develop and enhance services
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Resilient and able to respond positively to the pressures and demands of the role
- Working knowledge of relevant software packages such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Full driving license and access to transport