Operations Manager ( Retail/Wholesaler) c40k Euros + incentive + company vehicle – Buncrana Co Donegal
A new role has been created for an experienced proactive Operations Manager from a retail background or customer focused background in any of the following areas: Plumbing, tiling, bathrooms, tiling, kitchens or construction.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record in managing people as well as the day-to-day operations of the business. The successful candidate must have a positive can-do attitude offering new ideas and solutions in driving the business forward. This is a senior role reporting to the Directors.
- You will be responsible for managing all staff looking after the warehouse, show room and trade counter for this organisation.
- Industry Knowledge within plumbing, bathrooms and tiles advantageous.
- You will manage operational processes to ensure the effective flow of goods into, through and out of the warehouse to the point of delivery. Maintain focus on quality management systems and lean principles.
- Have a clear commercial focus and well-rounded understanding of business requirements and objectives, including financial understanding and the impact the warehouse has on overall profitability.
- Understand the importance of customer service and the company culture relating to meeting our customers’ expectations and manage the team effectively to ensure this is achieved, within company guidelines.
- To oversee the running of the showroom to ensure that the showroom is visually merchandised to an excellent standard and to ensure that the highest levels of Customer Service are given at all times.
- Liaise effectively with the ICT & Marketing Executive to ensure effective implementation of relevant marketing strategies.
- Ensure that the sales team are appropriately trained to question and understand customer requirements and match their needs to the company’s excellent and diverse product range.
- Ensure that all sales team members complete quotations in line with Company pricing and accurately record all customer information to ensure efficient follow up.
- Ensure and reinforce that all customer quotations are to be actively followed up within 3 Days of initial visit to the showroom.
- Ensure that all orders are planned and scheduled so that clients’ expected delivery times are met.
- Actively drive the performance of the sales team to maximise all revenue opportunities through developing strong customer relationships and the upselling and cross selling of products and associated materials
- Ensure the efficient and accurate inspection of materials, products, or equipment to detect defects to eliminate customer returns
- Attend weekly Senior Management team meetings, advise the MD, prepare reports and contribute to the development of the Company business plan.
- Ensure that systems are established, monitored and maintained to deliver the best possible service standards.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Provide guidance and direction to all operatives, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance through daily/weekly meetings,
- Keep records of employees’ attendance and hours worked.
- Through improvements in efficiency and mechanization continually challenge targets for on time delivery, quality, waste and other KPIs.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for all quality and delivery issues to ensure they are investigated and an acceptable outcome is reached by working with relevant departments.
- Lead the morning meeting, ensuring all points raised can be responded to and resolved appropriately.
- To reach planned delivery schedules at all times and ensure that any challenges are tackled pro-actively ensuring customer expectations are not affected.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve work methods, equipment performance, and efficiency.
Experience & Qualifications
- Previous experience working as an Operations or Retail Manager within a builders merchant or Plumbing/Electrical/heating/Tiles whole saler required.
- Must have minimum 4 years’ experience working in a management role at this level in any of the following areas: Retail management, store management, builders merchant, plumbing wholesaler, electrical wholesalers, tiles or kitchen or any relevant discipline.
- Experience managing a show room preferable.
- Experience managing a warehouse also preferable.
- A positive can-do attitude and willingness to work as a team player.
- Problem solving skills and customer focused.
- Priority will be given to candidates with relevant experience.
This job is based in Buncrana in Co Donegal.
Hours of work are Monday – Saturday 8.30 – 5.30 pm and Saturday 9.30 – 3 pm with 2 days off. Please only apply for this job if you can work the hours stated and able and happy to commute daily to this location.