HR Officer – c25K- 28k – Derry/Londonderry ( flexible hours)
Opportunity for P/T or full time hours for HR officer/Administrator who can stand alone .
This role would suit a HR Professional who is assertive and confident in their ability. You will be self-motivated with good organisational skills.
As HR Officer, you will provide day-to-day advice to line managers and staff on HR policies and procedures. You will also take the lead on HR administration tasks, including employment documentation, recruitment, training, performance management and employee relations.
The role is key in continuous improvement of HR processes to ensure that we support and build our team effectively.
- Managing all employment documentation; issuing offer letters and employment contracts, contract variations, policies and Company Handbooks, developing new policies as required
- Manage the recruitment process, writing and advertising job roles, shortlisting candidates, preparing interviews and associated administration
- Induction of new employees; providing Company information, new starter packs and probation documents
- Training; new start training plans, implementing training plans for each job role, sourcing courses for development
- Maintaining manual and electronic employee records accurately, ensuring confidentiality and GDPR compliance
- Absence Management; implementing Company policy ensuring absence is supported and managed
- Performance Management; scheduling probation and performance reviews, ensuring creating action plans and ensuring opportunities for development are taken
- Annual leave scheduling and recording
- Payroll and pension administration and processing
- Employee Relations; contact for employees with general HR queries and responding appropriately
- Employee Relations leading and supporting disciplinary and grievance procedures as required
- HR Data; collection and analysis for decision making and reporting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a stand-alone HR role, demonstrating a sound understanding of HR practice.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing HR policies and procedures.
- Demonstrable knowledge of employment legislation and application of same
- CIPD Level 5 qualification or working towards this qualification.
- Experience of processing payroll will be advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confidence and self-motivation with the ability to work on initiative
- Sound decision-making abilities, with strong influencing skills
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and data and maintain confidentiality