Plant Manager (Manufacturing)
Excellent renumeration package
Car + additional benefits, including Healthcare
Location – The midlands, Ireland
This well established and reputable manufacturing company are a dynamic, progressive and forward-thinking manufacturer who are committed to delivering high-quality products to their customers. The company is part of an important group and global player.
With a commitment to innovation, efficiency, and excellence, they have established themselves as key players in the market. They are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Plant Manager to lead their manufacturing and plant operations and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the manufacturing facility, including management of the production site, including Operations, Finance and HR. They will ensure optimal production efficiency, product quality, and safety standards.
The successful candidate will play a key role in leading and developing a high-performing team, implementing best practices, and contributing to the overall success of the organisation.
- Reports directly to the CEO
- Generate growth, maximise performance & profitability.
- Manage plant based on relevant KPI´s and increase efficiency of production to ensure in time, stable, reproducible, reliable product delivery with the right quality.
- Development and implementation of a unified production system, description and standardisation of all processes, including complete documentation (i.e., Six Sigma, Lean)
- Responsible for the transformation with the involvement of all relevant employees
- Improve and optimise service, inventory levels and logistics
- Ensure compliance with environmental and safety regulations, internal regulations, legal and local regulations/laws and other obligations including health and safety, ISO.
- Enforce quality control processes to ensure products meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Implementation of a new ERP System cooperation with corporate IT
- Ensure timely and quality procurement of raw materials
- Participation in the planning/construction of new production facilities and expansions of existing systems in collaboration with the specialist departments
- Collaborate with the supply chain team to optimise inventory levels and ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Close collaboration with customer service and sales
- Inspire, lead and develop the local team.
- Lead, mentor, and develop a skilled manufacturing team and promote a culture of continuous improvement, safety & performance.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Manufacturing or a related field.
- Master of Business Administration preferable, knowledge and experience in the areas of finance and HR
- Proven experience,7 years + in a plant manufacturing leadership role, with a track record of achieving production targets and improving operational efficiency, (continuous production)
- Experience with polymers is a major plus
- Experience of transformation processes, change management
- Experience in successfully implementing production methods and continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- Extensive safety knowledge, EHS and experience of all applicable ISP regulations
- Sound IT skills, with experience in ERP systems
- Business Acumen, business management skills, excellent commercial and business awareness
- Energetic, agile, analytical, straight-forward thinker and performance driven professional, entrepreneurial spirit, a growth mindset and strong execution abilities.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Hands on shop floor manager.
- Excellent problem-solving capacities, result oriented and decisive
- An inspiring leader with the ability to lead from the front.