Qualified Accountant up to 45k Derry/Londonderry
Due to continued growth and success this well-established construction and property firm are looking for a Group Accountant who will report directly to the Group Finance Manager.
This role would suit a qualified and experienced Accountant with minimum 2 years post qualifying experience who is looking for progression.
The ideal candidate will be hard working and self-motivated with an eye for detail.
This is a rewarding role for the right candidate.
- Prepare job costing reports and profitability tracking including liaising with other departments to obtain and verify information.
- Verify and prepare valuations.
- Prepare, liaise with external accountants and submit year-end statutory accounts including supporting reconciled schedules for multiple group companies (UK & ROI).
- Assist with preparation of monthly/other accounts and analysis.
- Prepare and submit VAT (UK & ROI) returns and assist with queries.
- Liaise with peers and external parties to resolve VAT/PAYE/CIS/RCT queries.
- Assist management with development of the finance function.
- Prepare and submit other statutory returns.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and forecasting.
- Assist with financial analysis on ongoing operational projects within the
- Ad hoc reporting / tasks.
Skills and experience
- Be a qualified accountant (ACCA/ICAI), with at least two years PQE or qualified by experience.
- Hands on experience in job costing (preferably within Construction industry)
- You must have a good understanding of different rates of VAT
- Preparation of management accounts is required, preferably within the construction industry.
- Experience in year-end statutory accounts for NI/UK and ROI jurisdictions.
- Excellent working knowledge of computerised accounting and related systems.
- Experience of identifying areas for improvement plus implementing internal efficiencies and systems of control desirable.
- Ability to take accountability and work on own initiative without supervision as well as within a team.
- Strong attention to detail
- Have strong technical accounting knowledge, excellent communication skills and strong Microsoft Office (in particular Excel) skills.
- Experience working with Sage 50