New job for Sales/Business Development Manager with packaging or food manufacturing experience
New job for Sales/Business Development with packaging or food manufacturing background
Sales / Business Development Manager- Northern Ireland
c35k-40k + bonus + company car + mobile phone + laptop
A well-established, successful, packaging company have a new opportunity for a highly organised, commercially focused, Sales professional looking to further their career.
This is a great opportunity for someone working, within the packaging or food manufacturing industry looking for the next step up. Your role will be to identify and grow sales of the companies packaging solutions throughout Ireland, North and South and the UK.
The company are offering the successful candidate the opportunity to grow and progress within the company to a senior level.
If the thought of sitting behind a desk all day gives you itchy feet, this could be the job for you as you’ll be required to spend a large amount of time visiting clients.
This is a field-based role, however, you will be required to work in the office a few days each week.
An excellent renumeration package is on offer to the successful candidate. You will be well rewarded financially, as well as having long term career opportunities with the company.
• Your job as a Business Development Manager is to identify sales leads, pitch goods or services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts.
• Your key responsibility will be establishing and successfully closing new business opportunities and delivering a high level of customer service and feedback at all times.
• To develop an annual sales and marketing plan to maximise revenue / profit and meet budgeted targets.
• Undertake in-depth account management to develop strong customer relationships and carry out all duties with high levels of customer care ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction from start to finish.
• To establish and manage sales systems ensuring details of all client enquiries, requirements and relevant sales activity are kept up to date.
• Developing and delivering sales and marketing presentations and pitches to potential new clients.
• To work to targets and achieve agreed sales KPIs.
• Attending conferences, meetings, exhibitions, and industry events.
• Communicating new product developments to prospective clients.
• Reviewing all inhouse marketing opportunities and come up with a marketing plan for the company.
• Manage and delegate leads from the website to the internal sales team.
• Lead, manage and motivate a team of Inside Sales professionals.
• The ability to plan ahead to build the sales team.
• Liasing closely with internal departments.
Qualifications and Skills
• The ideal candidate must have previous field sales experience, in packaging or food manufacturing, this is an essential requirement.
• You must have a successful track record in business development within the packaging or food manufacturing industry
• The successful candidate must have the ability to identify and seek out new opportunities and close sales.
• Experience in developing and maintaining excellent customer relationships that lead to sales success.
• Self-motivated and highly organised and well disciplined, are skills that are essential to this role.
• Proven track record of achieving/exceeding targets.
• Experience working in a target orientated environment to KPIs preferred.
• Previous experience managing and leading a sales team ideal.
• Ability to delegate, however, lead by example is critical.
• Working on own initiative, prioritising work, and working to deadlines are key attributes.
• Experienced using computer technology and managing a CRM system.
• You must be highly organised with good time management skills.
• The ability to be proactive and resourceful in prospecting and winning new business.
• Personal qualities required are great communicator with the ability to build rapport with clients.
• Strong business acumen with commercial focus.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.