c20k – 30k + additional benefits
Based in Derry/Londonderry
A new role has been created for an ambitious Computer Science/Engineering Graduate with 2 years’ experience looking to secure a career in Software Testing based in Derry/Londonderry.
They are a technology company based in Belfast and expanding to the North West.
- You will be required to carry out the following; the planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed process standards and industry specific regulations.
- Take technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of software development.
- Plan and drive software construction activities.
- Adopt and adapt appropriate software development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Measure and monitor applications of project/team standards for software construction including software security.
- Contribute to the development of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for software development.
- Demonstrate an interest in improving the team’s technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business.
- Participate in the evolution of best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
- Show appetite and aptitude for owning responsibility of technical decisions and direction for one or many projects/teams.
- Aptly manage team demands on his/her time and shows willingness/ability to delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate.
- Attend to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions to project/team or company related issues.
- Review requirements and specifications and define test conditions.
- Designs test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes.
- Analyses and reports test activities and results.
- Identify and report issues and risks associated with own work.
Experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science or Engineering. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum 2 years Software testing experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Most importantly, a genuine interest in building ‘the best’ technical solutions. Your attitude to technology and your willingness to keep up to date with emerging technologies will be the key differentiator.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free car parking if working in the office.
- Team building lunches.
- Social environment, with nights out, all before Covid restriction, but this will return.
- Flexible working environment, including remote working options, outside of Covid time.
- A positive, proactive company who value their staff as assets and a great place to work.
For a more detailed Job description contact Cathy by emailing email@example.com or click on link.
NB .Please note if you are looking for a role as a Lead /Senior Developer in Derry/Londonderry we will also be recruiting.