Top 5 Tips to succeed in recruiting, during and post the pandemic
Check out my recent presentation for Enterprise week 2021 under “HR Top Tips: Surviving a Pandemic”
To recap on top 5 tips to succeed
- Check out your CV and covering letter if you are constantly finding you are not getting interviews have a look at it and make changes.
- Shop front and website, does it need a new look, is it up to date.
- Does your LinkedIn profile have a picture, or can you add new skills recently learnt to it?
- Do you need to update your skills to secure the job you want?
- Learn new skills e.g., software developers/IT Technologists using Coursera and Udacity to get micro credentials and certificates- use this for gaps that you may be lacking in.
- Digital marketing certificates /diplomas through the CIM, check out these courses.
- Nano degrees- to build up to a degree in bits and pieces.
- Use of online meeting e.g. Zoom, Microsoft teams and Google meet, add these to your CV and do not assume companies know you can use it.
- Remember the early bird catches the worm and same applies when applying for jobs or hiring staff.
- For candidates, always take the 1stavailable interview opportunity as things can change.
- For companies, start interviewing early taking into account, people have notice periods, don’t delay on making offers and don’t make assumptions.
4.Keeping your brand alive
- Use your website to update and refresh your brand
5.Creating your own job
- Look at what skills you have and all the various social media platforms you can use.
- Could you create your own job?
If you need any help recruiting or finding the perfect job, please email me on email@example.com