Top Tips finding a New Job in the New Year
Are you looking for a new job and don’t know where to start?
The process of searching for a new job can seem lengthy and complicated, but the good news is that there are plenty of job opportunities out there.
Here are a few tips to help you land that job.
- Make sure your CV is up to date, with plenty of relevant content on what you do in your current job.
- Start from your most recent job and work back. Make sure you do the same with your education and qualifications.
- If the opportunity arises, add in a cover note explaining why you are looking for a new job and a brief summary of skills, qualifications and experience. This is particularly useful if you want to change industries or job type and have transferable skills.
- You should also tailor your cover letter for each job you apply for.
- Set up Google alerts for the type of job you are looking for.
- Register with online job boards (these should be free).
- Find a Recruiter or Recruitment Agency that will help you and build a relationship with them. If you email a CV and don’t hear back, follow up with an email or a call.
- Recruiters prefer proactive candidates: that way we know you really want a job!
- Be selective in the jobs you apply for. Make sure you read the job description and have the relevant experience and qualifications required.
- Have your profile on LinkedIn and join industry groups online in your preferred industry.
- Speak to your network of contacts and let them know you are actively looking word of mouth can be the best recommendation.
- If you haven’t had an interview in a long time, brush up on your interview techniques. This can be the difference in securing a job or not.
- Don’t forget to dress appropriately for interviews, as first impressions count.
- Finally, show your personality at interview: smile and open up and don’t use one-word answers. Employers want to find more about you and to see how you will fit into their organisation.
If you need help finding a job, email email@example.com with a cover note of the role you are interested in.
Alternatively, click on this link to view jobs: